Our team can guide you through the process of selecting solar panels and installing them on your roof.
If you want to operate a “green” home, there are few things more effective at reducing your carbon footprint than using solar power. What’s important to note, however, is that not all solar panels are created equally, and not every roofing company is knowledgeable about how to install solar panels for the best results.
At Carolina Roofing & Vinyl Siding, LLC, we have experience working with homeowners in Clayton, North Carolina and the rest of the Triangle who want to incorporate solar power into their daily living. We install photovoltaic panels, which are high-quality solar panels intended to last for many years as part of your home. Our team can guide you through the process of selecting panels, installing them on your roof, and providing expert advice on maintenance and warranties.
Carolina Roofing & Vinyl Siding, LLC brings you the best exterior
We also feel it is important to know that the condition of your roofing materials will determine the ability to install solar panels at your home. If your roof needs repairs, you can rely on us to provide the roofing upgrades needed to get the most from your solar panels once installation is complete. You can expect a roof with a life expectancy of 25 years to maintain your solar power installation for the long term.
Is Investing in Solar Power a Good Option in This Area?
There are certainly many valid reasons for having solar power installed at your home, but it is a savvy consumer who weighs the pros and cons of such an investment. At Carolina Roofing & Vinyl Siding, LLC, we delved deep into the data ourselves before we even decided to offer solar power installation so we could be sure we had something of value to provide our neighbors in the Clayton, North Carolina area. What we found out is that there are several facts about this area that make it a wise investment to have solar power installed.
- Federal Incentives: There is still time to take advantage of the federal solar power tax credit. Through the end of 2019, the tax credit amount is 30 percent, but that percentage drops to 26 percent in 2020 and 22 percent in 2021. From 2022 and forward, the federal tax credit drops to 10 percent and only applies to commercial properties. There are also some decent state financial incentives.
- Rising Electricity Costs: There has been a 10% increase in electricity costs over the past 5 years in this area.
- Electricity Usage: Clayton experiences a higher-than-average electricity usage, which presents more opportunities for savings.
- Moderate Sunshine: The Clayton area enjoys sunshine that is 7.4% above average.
- Decent Recoup Period: Anything that takes fewer than 20 years to pay itself back, not including state incentives, is considered good. This area is estimated at 15 years 8 months.
Knowing that you can work with the same company on both your roof and solar power installation will give you peace of mind that you will achieve your goals for a greener home. At Carolina Roofing & Vinyl Siding, LLC, we work with the most technologically advanced solar panel manufacturers in the RDU area, so we can bring you complete satisfaction. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.